Monday, March 5, 2012

March 5, 2012

I was tagged by Courteous Curtis and the Parents to play this game going around in the blog world called 11 Random Things! The rules are below! Enjoy! 


There are 5 rules:


1. Post these rules.

2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.

3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.

4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.

5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them that you've tagged them.

So here's a picture of me from my wedding because, well, it's an awesome picture. It was taken by Erica Lyn Photography (if you look around in her galleries you'll see a pic or two of me there!):


Here's my 11 Random things about myself:

1. I lived in 7 towns in two different states before I graduated high school.

2. I got suspended from the 1st grade for fighting with a famous NY Giant's son (whom I don't want to name here, but if you're curious you can ask me on my Facebook).

3. I used to be able to eat an entire box of spaghetti in one sitting. Not so much anymore though.

4. I used to swim competitively during the summers and even coached swim team one summer.

5. I had a choice in college to major on saxophone or piano - I chose saxophone because I didn't want to have to memorize my music.

6. I taught myself to play saxophone.

7. My favorite beer as of late is Magic Hat #9, but as Kelly says I've been on a 9 month hiatus and am expanding my horizons.

8. My favorite wine is Catena Malbec. Feel free to send a bottle my way.

9. I have been wearing glasses since I was 3 and I can't see a thing without them or my contacts.

10. My hair is naturally curly and takes FOREVER to straighten so I never do it. That's mostly because I'm lazy.

11. My favorite movie is The Wizard of Oz. I know every line.





1. Which side of the bed do you sleep on? 

I always sleep on the side closest to the door. 

2. What's your favorite reality show? 

I'm not a huge reality show fan, but if I had to choose one it would probably be either Dancing With the Stars or America's Got Talent. I HATE singing shows - I always end up correcting the singers in my head and it drives me insane.

3. What time do you wake up every morning?

I'll wake up when the kids get up. Luckily the last week it's been between 8-9. Sometimes it's 6:30. It really depends on them.

4. What was the last movie you saw in the theater?

Umm...I want to say Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, but I think that's wrong. That's pretty sad considering that Kelly and I used to go to a movie every week before kids. I'm definitely going to see The Hunger Games when it comes out - I can't wait!!!

5. What is your favorite band/musician?

I love both Bon Jovi and Billy Joel. I've seen Bon Jovi in concert 4 times and Billy Joel 3 times.

6. Name your top 5 blogs you visit the most?

Well of course Courteous Curtis and the Parents. Also Tales of Two Girls, PhotoPunk, It's a Vol!, and Cece & Me. I also check my friend Melissa's blog every day, but she made it private so I'm not going to post the link. 

For more blogs I love, check out the list in my sidebar.

7. If you could have a celebrity chef cook for you, who would you want?

This is a hard one. I'm having a tough time picking between Mario Batali, Guy Fieri, and Michael Symon.

8. What is your earliest memory from childhood?

I think it's one of my birthday parties when we lived in North Jersey. There was a clown involved. I'm not sure how old I was though.

9. Who do you look like more, your mom or dad?

My father. 



10. What does your name mean?

Danielle: G-d is my Judge
Lynn: Pretty

11. What is your dream vacation?

Our honeymoon was my dream vacation and I'd love to do it again. 3 nights in Barcelona followed by a 7 day Mediterranean cruise to Malta, Naples, Rome, Florence, and Nice. You can read about it here. I'd love to make the cruise longer though and be able to spend a little more time exploring the cities/adding more cities.





1. What is your favorite food and drink (alcoholic and non-alcoholic)?
2. Who is your role model?
3. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
4. What's your favorite article of clothing?
5. What are the top 5 blogs that you follow?
6. Do you have any regrets?
7. What is your favorite television show?
8. How do you relax?
9. What is your dream job?
10. What is your biggest pet peeve?
11. If you were trapped on a desert island, what three things would you want to have with you?


And as usual, my usual report from today. Jackson had Early Intervention and he did great. We think he may take a little longer when it comes to processing commands, so we are going to work on that. He did great with imitating and following directions, and he seems to be talking a bit more. 


Abigail had her 4 month well visit today. She is 13 lbs 4 oz (50th percent) and 25 inches long (75th percent). She got a shot in each thigh and it was so sad!!!





Dazed and confused from her shots:


Baby in a Bumbo!!!



4 comments:

  1. Yay!! I loved reading all your randomness! Also I do the same thing on the singing shows my H often tells me to shut it because I'm like "she's totally of pitch!!" lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha my husband is there with me saying "ugh that's awful". At least I'm not the only crazy one!!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. OMG it was - I want to live in Barcelona so badly!!!

      Delete