Thursday, April 19, 2012

April 18, 2012

Happy Birthday, Mom!!!

I'm really late getting this post up. Today was a loooooong day. I called a developmental pediatrician on Monday to see if I could get an appointment for Jackson thinking that it would take 3-6 months to get an appointment. Well I got a call this morning at 9:30 that someone cancelled and they wanted to see us. Carlee came over and the four of us drove down to the doctor's office. Carlee sat in the waiting room with Abby and I brought Jackson back. We were in there for 2 hours, and at the end she said that she is definitely diagnosing him with Apraxia, and she also sees mild signs of Autism but she thinks that once he gains some language that those symptoms will go away. Our next step is to call CHOP to get an appointment to round out her diagnosis. She wants him in intensive speech therapy 5 days a week for at least 1 hour a day. It's going to be a long road, but hopefully he will be talking soon.

I have to admit, my mind was elsewhere when I was taking these pics. Sorry : /







No comments:

Post a Comment