Sunday, January 1, 2012

January 1, 2012

My friend Melissa is a trouble maker. She convinced me to start this blog, which is a HUGE undertaking when you're the mother to two kids under two. But I agreed, and I promised her that if I'm going to get hooked on something, at least it's something that we can be addicted to together (and something that isn't going to get us arrested). So here I am, at 11 pm on January 1, 2012, creating my brand new 365 blog. I plan on taking a picture (or multiple pictures) every day for an entire year and posting it on here.

So, who am I???

My name is Danielle. I am a Jersey girl and the mother of two amazing children (hence the blog name Double Exposure) - Jackson Parker (20 months old) and Abigail Everly (8 weeks old). My husband Kelly is the love of my life and we have been together for 9 years now (married 3 1/2 years), and my friends and family mean everything to me. I love taking pictures and was lucky enough to be spoiled rotten by Kelly for Christmas with a brand new DSLR (a Canon Rebel T2i). He knows how much I like taking pictures, but I've always taken them on point and shoots and I just wasn't getting what I wanted out of those cameras. He also got me a couple of photography classes with Melissa, so I will actually learn what I'm doing with the camera and feed my addiction even further.

So now for my first picture. I'm going to write a little disclaimer here - I fell last night on New Years Eve (and I wasn't even drunk!!!) and sprained my ankle really badly. So any pictures you are going to see for a while probably won't be up to par with where I actually am in my journey to learn photography because I can't really move since I'm in an air cast and on crutches. But I'm going to do my best!

Today's entry - My princess Abigail sleeping on her daddy:



And just for fun, a picture of Jackson and Abigail I took yesterday:







1 comment:

  1. Love the pics! Can't wait to see the progression through the year!

    ReplyDelete