Monday, January 2, 2012

January 2, 2012

Winter vacation is coming to an end. Well at least for Kelly. I guess since I am a stay at home mom the "vacation" for me was having another set of hands around the house, which was especially helpful since the majority of the mess created over the past week was actually made by Kelly.

We definitely made the most of today. We slept until around 8, then had waffles with strawberries for breakfast that Kelly made on his new waffle maker that my sister Audra bought him for the holidays. After Jackson's nap time Peg, the early intervention woman, came over to work with Jackson. He has some speech delays as well as some other things going on that we are trying to work out. Peg has been wonderful - she has only been here 4 times so far and she was able to get Jackson to point (which he wasn't able to do before) and say a couple of words (ca = car, tuh = truck, cuh = cup). Today we worked on getting Jackson to drink through a straw - something that he was unable to do...until today!!!



Abby, on the other hand, clearly just wanted to know what the eff was going on.



Once Peg left, Kelly took Jackson grocery shopping, and Abigail and I had play time. She did this to herself and I thought it was pretty funny:



A while later, it was dinner time, and Jackson was being a good boy in his high chair.



While my day may seem boring to some (OK who are we kidding - most) people my age, I got to spend it with the 3 people I love most in the world and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment